I guess I would not be exaggerating if I said that February was such a short month..after all, it is at least 2 days shorter than the others. February was a month that I am very proud to have behind me, not because it was bad but because it was awesome!
Here is a recap of my February goals in case you would like a refresher.
How I did with my monthly goals:
The goals I set for myself in February were:
- Read The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah
- Do Whole 30 all month
- Purge and Toss and Donate.
Another successful month- I was able to achieve ALL of my February goals!
Not only did I read The Nightingale (spoiler- it was AMAZING! totally lived up to all the hype I was hearing!) I read a second book, Cold Tangerines, and started a third.
Not only did I complete Whole 30, but I think it is safe to say that it was a game changer. Read more about why here, if you missed the post I wrote last week all about my experience.
Not only did I purge, toss and donate, I rearranged out kitchen cupboards and feel like they are much more functional for us. Our kitchen cupboards are an area of the house that always have me wanting to pull my hair out…the tupperware drawer that is always overflowing but never with complimentary pieces, the abundance of things I can’t seem to use on a regular basis, the million sippy cups..I could go on but I digress..But i tackled this in February and I am probably more excited about it that I should be. I was also able to take advantage of timing and donate all of our used kids’ items to our local Christian school’s thrift sale. win-win!
Other Things That Were Great:
maple.syrup. season. My family has a sugar shack and collects and boils sap into maple syrup. Family weekends at the sugar shack are something we look forward to from fall until early summer but once production starts for the spring season it is full-tilt and we love every minute of it. The weather has been up and down so the season hasn’t really been too crazy yet. I love making memories at our sugar shack.
My little guy is crawling! and clapping! and saying dada! I was starting to think he was going to be gracious to me and not grow to quickly, being our last baby and all, but then last week and the week before BAM! all the milestones at once! Still no teeth though..
Whole 30 success means that I also lost 14 lbs! I could not be more excited about this and the change is clear in how my clothes fit and my energy levels and my sleep quality. Yay!
Looking Ahead to March:
How is it March already?! Did we just celebrate the new year last week? No? ok..
I have set 3 goals for myself for the month of March:
- Read 3 books. I have already finished one that I started at the end of last month. Ambitiously, I started reading 2 books at once last night and this morning so hopefully I can get them both finished! (Follow me on Goodreads to see what I am reading)
- Start 100 day project. One of my New Year’s Resolutions this year was to complete a 100 day project. See more about 100 day projects here or by searching #100dayproject on Instagram to see some really great visual projects. I have more to share about this in a future post, but my 100 day project will be writing-inspired and should start around March 26!
- Try to walk at least twice a week. This goal might have been a bit ambitious, looking back, because while the spring weather is on the way..there are still some very cold days, some very windy days, and some very busy days. I still want to try to get out walking as often as I can, but today for example, is super windy and yesterday was super cold…
What goals did you accomplish in February? Was it one for the books or just more meh..?
What are you looking forward to in March? I would love to hear your hopes and goals in the comments!