I am really feeling like I am hitting my stride lately in a lot of areas. I am feeling good and happy and productive and just fulfilled! I love it! I thought I would share some things that I am loving lately.
1. Paula’s Choice Skincare products. Find them here! I heard good things about this line, including that they are gentle and cruelty-free. I ordered the CLEAR Regular Strength Kit which is a three step, twice-daily regimen to help fight acne. I have skin like a thirteen-year-old despite being in my late-twenties.. groan. At first I found this product worked really well on my skin, which was in pretty rough shape. After about 2 weeks I seem to have some breakouts again in the same place, on my chin, but my skin feels really health and smooth and the actual skin that isn’t covered with breakouts actually has a better look to it!
2. My Coursework. Yes, I am such a teacher, but I feel so good when I am learning things and this semester I find each week I literally get excited when doing my readings and assignments! I think that’s a really good sign.
3. My Waterbottle. I am not one to use a cup regularly, but am always sipping out of a water bottle. I found this one at Winners for a sweet, low price and snatched it up. It is pretty, really good quality and keeps my water super cold! (can also be used for hot beverages for 12 hours!)
4. My (used) Fitbit Charge HR. I have been looking for a second-hand Fitbit for over a year and a half now. I haven’t had any luck on kijiji or the sale websites. A friend of mine posted on Facebook about Fitbit customer service and how happy she was with it, and that they were sending her a new Fitbit to replace her very minimally damaged one. I emailed her inquiring about the damage and her intention to sell it. She agreed to sell it to me for super cheap! (Score!) I love seeing how much (or how little) activity I am getting in a day. I have set my daily steps goal to 8000, much below the recommended 10,000 but also much more attainable with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I also really like seeing the sleep tracker and getting a clear picture of how long and how well I am sleeping each night! Bonus: It’s purple!
5. Cooking! Let me be loud and clear about this- I AM NOT A GOOD COOK! My husband will atest to this! I am ok with some basic things but as a whole I don’t have a flare for the culinary arts. Since undertaking the Whole 30 challenge (Read more about it here) I have been determined to step outside of my comfort zone and make all of my meals (gasp!) and to experiment so I can make tasty, compliant dishes. So far so good- but it’s day 3!
What are you loving lately? How are you feeling about your current routine? Any suggestions for me? Leave a comment or catch up with me on Instagram (@thisbusylifeblog) to let me know!